Tuesday, September 8, 2015

UCC 3rd Wave Clockwork at Estancia Mall, Capitol Commons Pasig

Hello my there my dear friends.  Today I want to share my experience on UCC 3rd Wave Clockwork at Estancia Mall Capitol Commons, Pasig.

It was something unplanned, I had late dinner with my friend and the usual thing after a meal, we like to go on chill out at a favorite coffee shop then talk for hours.  We were about to go to Coffee Bean I guess and we saw the people are jam packed and the Starbucks at Commons is full too and it's raining, we found ourselves trying this new place. I believe it was some type of Japanese coffee shop.

I barely had any idea that it's a restaurant/cafe built in coffee shop and I was excited.  While trying to figure out what drink or dessert to get, I'm seeing the others get their "syphon"or siphoned coffee and I was like hmm... how can I describe it to you guys, you know at lab class when you have that big old cylinder test tube where the water is boiled and the coffee bean mixture (take note the ground coffee maybe mixed from different countries/taste different) then it said to be more intense and expensive way to make.  I like the way how it was prepared and you just be relaxed while drinking your coffee.

Okay, I got carried away there right, well since we were so full my friend and I just went for desserts the first time. There is a section where you an view the small desserts and the one that caught my eye was the Vanilla Coffee Bean Affogato (php 250) and I was like something new. Yes, it's a hard cookie cup with vanilla ice cream and a shot of espresso on a wooden chopping board type plate. 


When my order arrived I was like yeah yeah!!! I poured only half the espresso on the ice cream and cookie cup and praying for the cookie not to be soggy and it didn't it held up the liquid very well.  The ice cream was not too sweet and super smooth and mixed with coffee was heaven.  This was ultimately a new experience.  The cookie was yeah hard but it's like a graham hardened cookie for me and it's alright. 

I was so happy but would have thought of buying another drink. Lol, coffee chill addict.  I say this as I don't really drink coffee to start my day at home but whenever I'm out I'm like yeah hooray for coffee. I give it a big thumbs up with a 5/5.



This next dessert was the one my friend Anj got, and it's the Mango Crepe Samurai (php 220). It's a brûlée mango crepe drenched in creamy custard.  It's like the mango bravo with much creamier custard and the softest cake torched and not too sweet and just right.  This is a winner too. I give it a 4 out of 5.





The last time I went here was last Sunday and I was with my coffee buddies and we were on to some drinks tonight.  Today I got myself some Iced Sea Salt Caramel Macchiato (php 200), Eric got the Iced Tiramisu Latte (php 190) and Iced Green Tea Latte (php 190).


My Iced Sea Salt Caramel Macchiato is the bomb, I love balance between sweet and salty taste with a little bit of super yummy whipped thick cream (super good, I think it's full of fat and fat is good right) and crystalline sugar toppings.  I love it, I'm giving it 4 out of 5 as I wished for the price the serving would have been bigger..

I got to taste Anj's drink and I love when the green tea mixture/powder used has that grassy/earthy taste and you can really say hey, it's authentic. And I like green tea latte's frappucino; over ice or even hot. I give it 5/5.

I wasn't able to try the tiramisu latte but Eric said, the kahlua was really powerful and the drink is nice so I guess it's a thumbs up too.

Lastly, to end out food trip day we got a Hokkaido Malt Cake (php 235).  Love that the cake is moist, and that it's not too sweet. The cream is really yummy, it's like the one's used in the drinks, probably home made.  I give this 4/5 as I'm not really into cakes, it's just that it matches my coffee perfectly.


Overall, I love the vibe of the place, you can do like chill out with friends, meeting, dine-out and just the feels.  It's not like the regular coffee shops with nice chairs and all, it has a distinct character, looks expensive but just right.  The staff are nice and very knowledgeable too.  And, the comfort room is super clean which is a plus! The place is near my place so it's perfect too. I think I found my new spot. :) Sorry, I wasn't able to take a picture of the place as I was busy chatting away but it's super nice.

Let me know your thoughts and experience if you have tried this place.  See you on my next adventure.

xoxo,
Jelly/Julienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment