Sunday, September 13, 2015

Locavore Kitchen x Drinks Experience

Hello my dearest readers,

I'm in a good mood today and I am so excited to share with my experience at one of the local restaurants here in Pasig where I have heard a lot of news about.  The restaurant's name is Locavore Kitchen x Drinks they are located at 10 Brixton Street, Kapitolyo, Pasig City (if you know there Ace Water Spa is, that street just enter and a couple of blocks and you'll never miss it).

I've been trying to invite my friends to go here and my dear friends Anj and Erik went with me, hooray for impromptu invites. Anyways, as I was reading the background of this restaurant, it says that the word "Locavore" is a term used for a person who eats food that is grown, raised, and produced less than 100 miles from home.  It sounded all organic to me then so I said to myself I had to try this.

Okay, so to continue we arrived roughly about 9:30 in the evening for a late dinner and we were so lucky as the place was not packed that day.  The previous attempt that we had, it was a weekend (Friday) and the place was full.  It's not only a dine-in spot but it's a chill out place with friends for a couple of drinks or plainly hangout.  

Let's get it on with the food shall we?! So the picture below shows their best seller Sizzling Sinigang and this is not the typical sinigang that we are used to.  As you can see, there's no soup and my friend Anj was like, guys are you sure as I want soup! So year, instead of the tangy broth it's what they all sampaloc gravy type.  

Yes, you heard me right "sampaloc gravy" kind of sauce.  It's basically beef short ribs sauteed in french beans with gravy and garlic confit.  The serving for it's price is a good one in my opinion as it's good for 2-3 persons.

I love how tender the meat was and I love the french beans as the flavor or the sampaloc gravy went in it and yea it's fresh.  Just so you know I don't like eggplants and string beans/baguio beans in my normal sinigang as I feel it takes out the taste.  The garlic confit in this is also to die for, not overpowering at all and the tomatoes is so fresh. It's a thumbs up 5/5 for me.
 
Another view of this masterpiece


On to the second dish, it's what they call Lechon Oyster Sisig (php 360). First off, let me tell you guys what more can you ask for when you hear the word lechon in a dish.  It's a Filipino delicacy that you wait for every time there is a big event.  Oysters are of of my favorites specially if it's in "kinilaw form" ceviche but this is a different twist.

The sauce was quite sweet but it's not that overpowering.  It's just a so so dish as it's like normal sisig that is mixed with oysters.  Nonetheless, I like it. it's a good 4/5 for me. :) 



 The last on the list was the Pares Mami (php 350).  Look a the presentation, there is a kettle filled with the soup and then the noodles, meat and others are on a cast iron pot.  It's very cute and unique.  For the taste, the soup base could be improved as my fist impression was packed noodles?! or what it too much umami flavor.  The meat was tender as well and the egg was cooked right and the noodles are just right.  If maybe an add on to your dish I'd say try it but as the main dish, I'd rather skip it.  I'd give this a 3/5.



By the way, the way how they serve each dish is one of a kind.  Rustic cast iron pans over a wood type plate of some sort.  Over the next table we saw their appetizers that are like local fish balls and quail eggs (kwek-kwek) are on sticks and served with glass cups for the sauce.

Lastly, the place is very cozy they have an air conditioned room but the capacity was not big but since it wasn't hot that day I wasn't complaining if we were in the common area.  The place looks good and it's very inviting.  You can either hangout with friends or dine with family here.  I love the rustic approach to this place. 4/5 rating for me.





 Whoopies, look at this sign.  "Banyo" - "Comfort Room"


I surely had a great time here and I love the experience.  I hope you guys loved this article.  Comment down below your thoughts and if you've visited here already.  Let me know any suggestions you may have.  See you on my next adventure.

P.S. 

You can visit Locavore's website at http://www.locavore.ph/index.php/menu.


xoxo,

Julienne/Jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment